Tuesday, March 29, 2011

OMG.....I may have started a blog.

In this, the digital age, I have been firm in my stance against the ubiquity of the blog.  Do I read blogs?  I read two.  One, the hilarious creation about the trials and tribulations of teaching (you know who you are, Mr. Vest), and the other, trashy celebrity gossip (NOT PEREZ).  I have an iPhone, but have maybe 5 apps, all of which were free.  I haven't opened my home laptop in weeks....mainly because the battery has completely died and I fear if I so much as touch the thing I will lose all the important documents that I, of course, have not backed up.  My printer at home is not attached to anything, nor does it even have ink.  My "bandwidth," whatever that means, is limited since I am (maybe illegally) sharing one wireless router with 5 people who live in my house (not roommates- other apartments- let's be clear).  All that this bandwidth thing really translates to for my understanding is that when I tried to stream pirated episodes of True Blood, the internet got really slow and I got a "someone is using too much bandwidth" e-mail from my landlord. 

Sookie Stackhouse, the internet is NOT mine.


So....why even start this endeavor when I am not fluent in the language of the blog, could not tweet if I tried, and generally hate on all things "tech?"  Because I live in New Hampshire.  Now, that is not to say that there is a lack of things to do in New Hampshire.  While I normally spend my days not paying state taxes, sloshing through snow, and being surrounded my yuppie white people, I could (and have tried) to make my day to day life as exciting and fulfilling as possible.  I could have attempted to ski, joined a knitting circle, gotten a part-time job.  I DID start up a book club (insert shout-out to UVBC).  However, after too many weeks of coming home after a day at work, buying cheap wine at Cumberland Farms (for those of you who live in exciting places- this is a gas station) and watching marathons of "Bethenny Ever After," I have come to the conclusion that I am not winning in the productivity department.   

Thus began......the blog.  I can only imagine the reaction on many of my dear friends' faces....I think it would look something like this:

*Thank you to Mr. Vest to introducing me to this wonderment*

So, the blog.  I could not even hope to amuse anyone with random ramblings and my thoughts on the state of things.  I'm not even sure I am going to tell ANYONE about this blog for fear of its horrendous lack of witticisms.  The solution?  Have a project.  The title of this blog makes it fairly obvious what this project is....read the next post to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment