Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Planning for Pudding

After careful consideration of budget, caloric intake and high potential for disaster, I have come up with the menu for meal 1 of 80.  Budget should be ok- aside from needing to buy cotton muslin to make a pudding bag (that's right.....this meal requires a trip to Jo-Ann Fabrics).  Caloric intake? Extremely high.  Thank goodness for friends to share in the artery clogging (I'm looking at you, wizards).  High potential for disaster? CHECK!  I mean, I'm cooking pudding in a bag.  That sounds both adventurous and inappropriate. 


Obviously, my taste for the ridiculous is outweighing the need for a balanced meal.  This is going to be snack & dessert- no vegetables, no protein, just Canadian cuisine at its finest.

First course: POUTINE

so wrong, but so right......

Fries covered in cheese curds and gravy.  Will it be tastier than fries with mayonnaise?  We shall see.  Despite a Health & Wellness retreat to Montreal/Quebec City and several trips to The Gallows (rabbit confit poutine, anyone?), I have yet to ever eat this decadent dish because of one little problem.  GLUTEN.  There are far too many gluten free blogs with far too positive attitudes- so this will be the only mention of celiac.  I have it...it's kind of lame...I can't eat gravy on fries.  Unless.....I MAKE IT! 

My one problem?  No SQUEAKY cheese curds to be found.  I am surrounded my dairy farms and have tried local cheese curds from at least 3 farms, but we just don't do the fresh, SQUEAKY, curds in the same way that they do in Canada.  If not for the high price of gas, I would definitely just drive to the closest Couche-Tard and purchase some.  Alas, non-squeaky curds will have to do.
Love me some Couche-Tard

Check back later as I reveal the second course of meal #1.........








No comments:

Post a Comment